Sunday, August 28, 2011

Just A Note Card featuring my Very First Birdcage

A while back it seemed that every Cricut cartridge I picked up had a birdcage on it.  Now I know there are some people who love them, but I've been on board with the birdcage trend as much as I have been following the owl craze, which is to say, not so much.  However, in my continued exploration of Sophie I came across a few birdcage cuts that I actually like quite a bit. This is the second of the two.  

The first one didn't turn out quite as well as I intended so I'm going to have to back to the drawing board with that one.  This one, however, looks really good.  I used the Card 2 feature, hid the actual card using hide selected contour on my gypsy, and I added a frame from Elegant Edges. The paper is from the Mystical Garden collection and I printed it on my Imagine this morning.  I'm starting to get the hang of that.  I am still eagly anticipating the release of the Craftroom from Beta so I can really play with all of my cartridges, but I digress.  Here is this morning's Just a Note card.






Recipe:
Paper:  Cricut Imagine Mystical Garden, Stampin' Up Natural White
Cartridges:  Sophie, Elegant Edges
Twine:  The Twinery
Bling & Paper Flower:  My Stash
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse, Ink:  Stampin' Up's Chocolate Chip and Nearly Navy

I am also entering this card in this week's Case Study Challenge Blog challenge, which is to really just show your signature style.  One of the things I do best is layering and dimension and this card, while on the simple side of things, does show both those things.  It's my first time playing along at this challenge blog, I've been admiring it for a while so I figured it was time to get my feet wet.  Wish me luck!

And as always, thanks for stopping by!!

20 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Oh so love the stitching! Don't be an enabler girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, well you're seeing the second go round at stitching. I tried to do a straight stitch first but I swear I can't do it to save my life. I went back to the trusty zig zag! Thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I like the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I love how you put it all together

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the most beautiful cards that I have seen in a while! And there have been some really pretty ones out there! You did a fabulous job! Thank you for sharing!
    Carolyn
    http://cccsraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's a card with dimension! Love it!
    Thanks for sharing your signature style with us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just stunning! I LOVE the papers and the pretty birdcage. LOVE, LOVE it:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the birdcage cut out. Do not have an Imagine and have the Expression. was not sure which cartridge you used to cut the birdcage?
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am shocked that you did a birdcage anything after all the flack for trying to get you to do anything bird"ish". This card is right up my mother's alley - no joke - she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe we'll send it to her then! I still don't like birds that much. Lol. I've got to get you a google account. This anonymous thing is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For not liking birdcages you did a beautiful job! I don't really get the birdcage thing either but your card is fabulous
    Thank you for playing with us this week
    Becka
    Getting Cricky DTM
    Creations With Becka

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful creation! I love all the dimension. And your birdcage is gorgeous!
    Thank you so much for playing with us.
    :) Janis
    Getting Cricky DTM
    http://PauseDreamEnjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! This bird and cage is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very lovely. Stunning, in every aspect

    Keep Krafting!
    -Kristen =]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty, love the colors. Good luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs :),
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, beautiful card! I love all the paper choices and how you decorated the inside too! Thank you for sharing and joining us at Getting Cricky this Sunday.
    ~Hugs~
    Becky
    www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card!! Love all the colors and all the demension!! Thanks for playing along with us at Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Cahllenge!
    Happy Craftin :)

    Ildi-Getting Cricky DTM
    The Craftin Mama
    www.thecraftinmama.blogspot.com
    ildij3@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Dayna...what lovely dimension on your card! The colors are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just GORGEOUS!! The papers are so beautiful and you did a great job with the birdcage!! Your projects always have such great dimension and I just love the stitching! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing along with our Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge :)

    Lisa
    Getting Cricky DTM
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty! Love all the layers and details. Beautiful job! Thanks for joining the SS Challenge at Getting Cricky!
    Janice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...