Saturday, January 14, 2012

Case Study No. 73

This is a challenge blog that I always visit but haven't gotten around to participating in yet.  This week's card got me inspired as I love working with negative images.   The original card, is also very pretty but with a very simple design.  Something else I am trying to do!  Here is a link to Case Study's Challenge Blog, and here is the original photo. I couldn't decide on the papers, so I finally compromised and went ahead and just made two cards.  
Here is the first:


And this is the second:


The heart images are from the Silhouette store and as you can imagine, it cut those itty bitty lines like a dream!  Who loves intricate cuts?!  Me, that's who!  And you too. If you have a Cameo you know what I'm talking about.  If you don't have one and can get one - do it - you won't regret it.  That's my PSA for the day!

The sentiment and the paper behind the hearts are Silhouette print and cuts.  I imported some digital papers from Design House Digital and printed and cut out images flood filled with the papers that I wanted.  I think I have done more printing and cutting with my Silhouette in this last few weeks than I ever did with my Imagine.  After delving into the digital side of crafting a bit this week I can certainly see the appeal.  The papers are just so lovely and the elements are already done!  But, I still love my paper (ah, the smell!) so for right now I'll have to settle for picking up freebie kits here and there (the first card's paper was a freebie called "Cherry Limeade" and adding them to my projects and of course to my Project Life album.

This card measures 4" x 7" so it should fit into a regular 5" x 7" envelope with no problem given it's extra dimension.  Because I am trying to make my cards more functional, I am working on making sure I complete the inside of the card as well.  I have a few more pictures to share of different views of both and the inside matting.

From Card #1





From Card #2





Recipe:
Paper:  Cherry Limeade and Love Kraft - Design House Digital, AC Cardstock, Wausau Bright White Cardstock
Silhouette:  Flourish hearts, Digital Papers & sentiment banner (Font:  Hand of Sean)
Spellbinders:  Large Rectangles (inside mat)
Miscellaneous:  Various punches, ribbon, bling, and translucent bling (Cloud 9 designs)

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Great cards...so close to getting the Cameo...have so much fun with my cricut but love the posisblity of the cameo and cricut together...AHH..

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are beautiful. i love ow the middle heart is the feature. i think we are all going to get addicted to negative cutting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, as usual! I'm loving the P&C feature on the Cameo too! The intricate swirls on the heart image is just amazing. And I just love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is sooooo gorgeous...I luv the great design and details...hope you have a fabulous week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are so gorgeous!! I love the papers you used for the hearts on both cards!! :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you couldn't decide on papers so made two! Both are fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week :)
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just gorgeous! love both designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet cards, love them both! thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet is this??! Super cool design! Thank you for playing along with us at CASE Study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...