Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Play It Loud Sax Man

Many of my regular followers know my husband plays the saxophone and has been in a band for the last four years or so.  They play gigs around town, private parties, and really, anywhere anyone will have them!  Every year our state bar hosts a band competition where various groups vie for the crowd and judges approval.  It's a charity event, but every single band takes it's so seriously.  It's the perfect setting, because the inside joke is that attorneys are all frustrated musicians.  Anyway, my husband has been lamenting the fact that he's not represented in the current scrapbook I've been filling up so I thought I would finally change that.  Here is a layout I created using a picture taken at the show this past summer.







I used this sketch from sketchabilities.  I've had a bunch of their sketches for a while but just haven't been able to work my pictures into one.  This one worked out well.  The background paper, and paper on the frame is from the Cricut Imagine cartridge Audrey.  I also used a new product I picked up a few weeks ago - Tim Holtz's tissue tape.  I cut the frame out of grunge board, covered it with paper from Audrey, added some strips of tissue tape (very easy to tear and apply), and then used Marshmallow glimmer mist on the entire thing to give it some much needed shine.  I am really happy with the way it turned out.  I also used a bit of Teresa Collins and DCWV paper for the strips on the side, after running them through an EK Success punch.  I looked for a Cricut image that would suit this page, but I just didn't find anything I liked.  All of their musical images were a bit too cutsey and whimsical so I decided to just leave the page stripped down.  I cut the title out using Make the Cut and more paper from Audrey.  I wish I remembered the name of the font and I didn't save the page so I can't go back and tell you.  I have got to stop doing that! Overall, I like the page and Phil seems to like it as well.  He is now properly represented in the family scrapbook.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute layout you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tribute to your hubby's passion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very lovely. Love how the use of strips! and uniting the layout. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...