Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's Beginning To Feel Like Christmas . . .

It's time for the Christmas projects! My best friend Brandy was over this past weekend to play, or rather to work.  She has a rather large extended family and for some unknown reason they all still exchange gifts.  Better her than me!  As you can imagine, it gets expensive buying for ten zillion people, so in an effort to come up with something her relatives will like while not breaking the bank we have been working on some projects.  

Today I have a snowman themed plate and glass block to share with you.  What is funny is that these are all supplies I had packed away after last Christmas.  I got a little happy shopping and I have a big bin of this stuff left over.   The snowman file is one that I purchased from Kim Bright.  Kim has converted some very intricate Inkadinkadoo stamps into svg files and she sells them in her store Creative Bling.  I used the snowman file that was one of my favorites from last year.  This image is very intricate and because I hate weeding I would have normally put this one away until I was in the mood to deal with it.  That's where Brandy comes in because she loves weeding.   Crazy lady.



Don't you just love these ribbon plates?  I bought them last year from Hobby Lobby.  It was the only place I could find them and I have to tell you I scoured the internet looking for them.  I sadly, broke a few that I had saved and I am wishing and hoping that Hobby Lobby still carries them this year because I would like to make a few more.  

All the images were cut using Make The Cut with my Cricut.  I am eager to get my Zing up and running but it has quite the learning curve.  I've been taking my time and really haven't done more than draw with markers and pens with it.   Soon, very soon. In the meantime I'm still using my Expression.  The snowflakes you see are from the MTC gallery.  There are tons of fabulous free images there.  It's often the first place I look when I have a specific image in mind.

The glass block is another last year purchase from Hobby Lobby and the "Merry & Bright" sentiment is from a reindeer set I purchased from SVGCuts.



Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous plate and glass block, is it a candle holder? Very inventive, and a great way to get more out of your stamps. Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy your celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these! They would look so festive in our house for Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the plate and I have one so I may scraplift on this.... I got mine 10 years ago from Southern Living and sits in my kitchen with a welcome to our home on it with mine and hubby's signature on it. I love yours and I can see using it to change out the seasons... thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects. That ribbon plate is magnificent and I've never seen the glass blocks in red. I'm with you though, I don't think I could do all of that weeding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pauline - these are both home decor items, they don't do much else than sit there and look festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow dear, these are so beautiful!! I never see something like these :) Anyway, please let me know how should I address you? Dayna or Sabrina? We share the same name :) Hope you have a wonderful day, thanks for your lovely visit at my blog :)

    Love,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...