Saturday, November 19, 2011

What Means The Most

This past week I have spent some time, a lot of time actually, playing with my new machines.  In case, you are wondering what I am talking about - My new Cameo arrived last Friday and on Tuesday I was greeted with a beautiful new KNK Zing.  Yea!  Except that things haven't gone as smoothly as I would have liked.  The Cameo's blade system is, for lack of a better word, crap.  And the Zing has a tremendous learning curve so I am just at the beginning of learning how to use it.  I'm still drawing with pens!

Despite my new machine issues, I sat down last night to MAKE SOMETHING.  This is a scrapbook page of my best friend and her twins.  I think they were only a few months old here.  The sketch is from Anan Stubbington's site.  If you haven't been by - you need to check it out.  She is FABULOUS.  And she designs for My Mind's Eye - my dream job.  Anyway, back to the page.  



There are Cameo images on this page! I cut the journaling tag and the title, "What Means The Most" with the Cameo.  One thing I do like about Silhouette is that you can buy individual images and aren't stuck buying an entire set if you want just an image or two.  And, their phrases are lot less cutesy and definitely more grownup, more reflective, than those I've found on Cricut cartridges. So a little about this page.  The paper is from Bo Bunny - VickiB to be exact.  You  know how much I love this paper - I unknowingly bought it twice! Been there, done that.
I cut the frame from Elegant Edges and I believe I've used this frame before, but I added a little stitching to it this time.  The scallop square was cut out on my Cameo, and inked with Stampin' Up's Chocolate Chip, actually all of the inking here with was done with Chocolate chip.  The flowers were cut from Spellbinder Anemone Flower Toppers. And the circles underneath from Lacy Circles and Beaded Circles (in vellum).  The butterflies were cut using Everyday paper Dolls & Designer's Calendar.  I added a little bling, pop dots and walla!  An embellishment that I like a lot.  After that I stopped because, well, the page is super busy as it is.  I don't think I realized how busy the paper was until I had already completed the stitching around the top.  And if I had to do it over again, I would have chosen a different, darker color for the frame and made a few other changes as well.  But overall, it's pretty and I think Brandy will like it.  Or she better.


Recipe:
Paper:  BoBunny's VickiB, various pieces of scrap paper from my stash
Cricut Cartridges:  Gypsy Wanderings (circles), Elegant Edges (frame), Everyday Paper Dolls (butterfly), Designer's Calender (butterfly)
Silhouette Cameo:  scallop background mat, title
Spellbinders:  Anemone Flower Topper, Lacey Circles, Beaded Circles

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME page. I love the detail and the coloring in this page. AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page Dayna - loving those blinged-up butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it as always!! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love when you stitch on a LO - amazing touch! Love all the colors and the blings. Hope you're enjoying your new toys ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...