Saturday, August 11, 2012

Welcome to The Cameo Spotlight Challenge #1

Are you guys ready? I know I am!  This week's challenge at The Cameo Spotlight is to use a card with the theme of "Summertime."  When I came across the image in the Silhouette store I was touched.  How sweet and innocent does this little boy look? It reminded me of my carefree summers as a kid. I imagine he's hanging out on his summer break, doing what little boys do.  I of course had to work a little magic - I transformed the image into a sketch image and then flood filled it with the sketch fill feature. The image was printed on vellum and then cut out using my Cameo.  You  guys know how much I love to rock the Print & Cut.  And hey, this is something else new - it's an easel card - my very first!  I've been wanting to do this for a while and I finally got around to it.  By the way, the sentiment is actually a line from the lyrics from one of my favorite songs - Summertime by George Gershwin.






Recipe:
Paper:  DCWV Cardstock & The Dazzle Stack, and Mat Stack, Bazzil White Smooth Cardstock
Metal Flowers:  Momental (I found them at Michael's)
Brads:  My Stash
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
Silhouette Cameo:  Print & Cut sketch image, banner and banner sentiment, shape card, leaves and frame

So what are you waiting for?  Get on over to The Cameo Spotlight blog to check out the other wonderful inspiration that the rest of the our fabulous design team has provided for you. We really hope you'll participate, this challenge is going to be spectacular.  Remember, this is wide open style wise, your card just needs a *summertime* theme and you need to use your Silhouette SD or Cameo in some way and you will be golden!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. I agree with Melissa the image is so unique! Now that I can see the close up photos I can really appreciate the beauty in the finer details. The sparkly paper is so PRETTY! LOVE the dimension of the card as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sketch design!
    Hugs Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the use of the sketch pens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely fabulous! The sketch effect is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowser!!!!!!!!!!!...how do I get to the challenge? I can't find a link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue - I fixed the link! I am so sorry (and embarrassed!) that it wasn't working the first time. Please stop by!

      Delete
  6. You're totally queen of the sketch pen:) Such a cool effect on vellum! Love how it's an easel card too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!!

    My crystal ball is telling me there is a Cameo in my future. LOL!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous first easel card, Sabrina! Can't wait to get back to crafting! For now I'm enjoying looking for all the inspirations you and the TCS provide ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sketch is amazing Sabrina! You are a Silhouette guru!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a fabulous job with your first easel card, Sabrina!! I absolutely love this!! The sketching looks amazing :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great card and the sketching looks brilliant. The vellum works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super card. I love the sketch image. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...