Well today has been a fabulous day. I wrote up a quick tutorial on the Flower Shoppe cartridge and the response has been overwhelming! This morning I had about 90 followers and tonight I have finally surpassed 100! Wow! When I started this blog back in March the purpose was mainly to give my friends an family, as well as my customers, a place where they could come view my work. I also didn't want to continue to force all of my new projects on every single one of my Facebook friends. You know that gets on your nerves when you're on the receiving end of it. Tell the truth, you know what I'm talking about.
I was actually pretty reluctant to start this blog because there are a million and one blogs out there now, I am a pretty private person, and well, I didn't really think I had anything new to offer. But something happened not long after I started - I fell in love with doing this! I love creating new things, sharing them with new people, and as of late, I am totally in love to entering challenges which just continue to push me creatively. So this has been a good thing for me, creatively and emotionally.
So, back to the whole 100 follower deal. I follow quite a few blogs, more than I can get to in any given day actually, and I am positive I am not alone in that. I am someone who really, if am really in love with what I see, I sign up for daily email updates. I realize everyone is different, and there are so many different styles, tastes, etc out there that what one person loves, another person doesn't care for. Some people like email (I lurve it), others prefer to read in Google reader, etc. Whatever floats your boat. I truly hope that each and every one of you who has become a follower of my blog has done so because you really like the things you see here and you have been inspired by the projects I've created. I don't need any other reason, and if you want to stop by quickly, check out one project and then be on your way, that is totally fine. I do that all the time because I can't follow every single blog in the world that I've touched either. If I did that I would never have any time to actually make anything!
Back to the blog candy. I'm offering it for the first time. Not to entice you to follow my blog, or visit me daily, but because, and only because I am truly thrilled and blessed to be a part of this great crafting community. Because it was my Flower Shoppe tutorial that put me over the top, if you will, I thought what better cartridge to offer as blog candy?! So yes, I have an brand spanking new Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge up for grabs. It's totally appropriate and I think there are enough of you out there that would really appreciate a chance to win this one.
The dirty details are as follows:
1) one winner will be selected randomly this upcoming Saturday, August 6, 2011.
2) All you need to do is leave a comment at the end of this post, including an email address or an alternative way to contact you. Really, that's it. You don't need to become a follower, show up here everyday, jump through eight hoops, tell me how wonderful I am, or offer to sell me your firstborn child to me in order to win something! I get how absolutely annoying that can be. A simple comment will suffice and you will be entered to win. Now, if you are feeling especially verbose, I would love to hear from you about which of my projects you have liked the most and why. I'm curious as to what it is about my blog that you like, or alternatively if there is something that bugs or you have some creative criticism, I would love to hear about that too. Feedback is important to me and don't worry - I have a pretty thick skin so if you keep it tactful, I have no problem hearing it. But that's it - one simple comment is all it takes!
3) Only one entry per person. You can leave me more than one comment if you want, but you will only have once chance to win the cartridge.
4) I will ship the cartridge free of charge to the winner as long as you are in the United States (Hawaii and Alaska included). If you are from the UK, Australia, or anywhere else, I am happy to ship the cartridge to you as long as you agree to pay (in advance) for the difference between shipping to a US addresses versus wherever it is you are. I have a Paypal account and we can work this out with no problem.
5) I will take all comments up until Saturday morning, August 6th, at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. No exceptions. All comments need to be left on this post - not emailed, not posted on a message board, or anywhere else.
That should cover it. THANK YOU to everyone who has made me feel so welcome in the crafting blogging world. You guys are absolutely the best. I can't thank you enough for making this experience so great for me and as always - Thanks for stopping by!!