Monday, July 11, 2011

Just Because Rooster Card

I am in the challenge zone!  I can't believe it took me this long to get involved in them because they are a whole lot of fun!  Over at Emma Aguilar's My Creative Time blog the challenge is to create a card using either Wild Card or Just Because cards and include embossing somewhere on the card.  Well, I have both cartridges, but have never used Just Because Cards so I thought I would challenge myself to use this new cartridge.  I flipped through the book numerous times and kept coming back to this rooster - I have no idea why.  But anyway, here's what I came up with.   


I used Glimmer Mist on several of the Rooster layers and I embossed them with Cuttlebug folders.  I also used Zooballo to cut the grass.  I wanted to make a shaped card, and I needed something to stabilize it.  Zoobaloo has the best grass!  Lol.   I also used a lot of dimension, which I can't get enough of, to try to make this baby pop.  The sentiment is computer generated and cut using spellbinders classic large rectangle and rectangle scallop dies.




Recipe:
Paper:  Stampin Up', Scraps from my Stash
Cartridges:  Just Because Cards, Zoobaloo
Stamps:  Ink - Crumb Cake
Flower:  Recollections

I also entered this card in the Cooking with the Cricut challenge.  It's an anything goes Cricut challenge so this definitely applies!  

Thanks for stopping by!!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is so FABULOUS! I love how you did the rooster's tail with the different colored paper and the embossing and dimension! And the grass is so awesome! This is amazing! What a great card - I LOVE it :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most creative card I have seen in a long time ! Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card!! I love that rooster!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is amazing!! Love the rooster. He is awesome:) TFS and thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut:)
    ~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Love the sentiment and the rooster is great. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just gorgeous!! I love everything, great job! Thanks for playing along with us at Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge! Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Awesome card! Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut :)

    ~Roberta, CWC DT
    www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card! I love your rooster -- all of the embossing and layers make it so wonderful. Thanks for linking up with us at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card! Congrats on your CWC top 3! :)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, this is over the top amazing! Awesome attention to details! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...