Thursday, April 21, 2011

Another Double Layout

I am quickly approaching my Mother's birthday and Mother's Day - which usually fall within a few days of each other, if not on the same day.  I only have two more pages to complete before I finish her book and I already have ideas of what I'm going to do for them.  I just hope they come together as easily as the rest of these have.


This double layout features my youngest son and it's a rather personal page - well, moreso than the others because it documents one of his recent triumphs.  I am so proud of this little guy and I couldn't wait to get his magnificent creation on paper so that we can look back and remind ourselves how far he has come.


Wesley created a Block City and was thrilled to share it with us.  I cut the title, the words "Boy Genius", and "Wesleyville" using Make the Cut software.  I find it's just easier to use MTC for titles because I can say exactly what  I want to say and I have a limitless supply of true type fonts I can use.  Words are a thousand times easier to manipulate in MTC and I can also generate shadows with just a click of a mouse and I like using shadows for titles.


The puzzle pieces are from the Cursive 101 cartridge.  Another blast for the past - I honestly can't remember when the last time was that I used it.  But I was happy to find these interlocking puzzle pieces.  They worked well for the background.  The atom symbol comes from Plantin Schoolbook and the city comes from Going Places, and the journaling tag comes from Tags, Bags and Boxes. Again, you see Spellbinders.  I always find a use for these on scrapbook pages.










This double layout features my youngest son and it's a rather personal page, well, more so than the others because it is showing one of his recent triumphs.  I am so proud of this little guy and I couldn't wait to get his magnificent creation on paper so that we can look back and remind ourselves how far he has come.

2 comments:

  1. I have the best time peeking in here to see what you've been up to next. Love how you are able to mingle the creative things your boys do with your own creative energy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauree. I am having a really good time creating things. Although my boys are generally my subject matter, the process of creating these things are all mine. In other words, it's really all about me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...