Friday, April 29, 2011

The Final Two

I finished the final two pages for my Mom's Mother's Day gift last night!  Oh what a great feeling.  These pages are based on my boys' first day of school this past August.  It's actually pretty funny considering we're almost at the end of the school year.  It's been great to remember what they looked like back then - very cute, but I'm biased.


I actually pulled out a paper pack that I bought over five years ago - DCVW Grade School.  It's a wonderful one for any school related theme and apparently very popular.  Every time I am in Joann's I see that they are still selling it!  I also used a few pages from a Grade School stack made by Me and My Big Ideas.  I am going to adore that one as well.




The banner was made using a combination of a few cartridges.  The smaller triangle comes from the banner feature on the Celebrations cartridge.  The scalloped triangle is from Tie The Knot.  I finished it off with letters from Cuttin' Up.  The rest of the title was cut using Make The Cut which I absolutely adore.  I also used it to cut out the big scallop circle and the circle layer on top of it.


The Learn die cut is from Graphically speaking and the apple and book die cut is from Hello Kitty Greetings.  Graphically Speaking is still one of my all time favorite cartridges.  I can almost always find something to use on a project from that one. 



The traffic cop is from Going Places and the School Zone die cut is from Locker Talk.  I recently purchased Wrap It Up and was thrilled to see a school house on it. It's my first time using this cartridges but I think I will be using it a lot in the future. 




Now all that is left is to put these pages into the book I purchased and to organize it.  My plan is to get it in the mail early next week so that my Mom can be sure to open it on her birthday, which just so happens to be Mother's Day this year.


Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...