Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Teacher Thank You Cards

Long time no post!  Life has really gotten in the way of my blogging lately and I apologize for anyone who has missed my more regular updates.  Tonight I have some thank you cards I've made for my youngest son's teachers.  This week is his last week of school so I have been scrambling to get them finished.


I found a paper pack at JoAnn's that I really liked because it was primarily blues.  As much as I love my flowers, pinks, greens, and oranges, I realized a while ago having more gender neutral paper would be helpful.   The stamp is from Stampin' Up and the Butterfly is from the Cricut Elegant Cake cartridge.  It is cut twice and pop dotted for dimension.  I also used spellbinders to cut out the stamp and its mat.

 




The next card features a die that I've had for some time but really haven't worked with much at all yet.  It's the Spellbinders Lotus die.  I absolutely love it!  The additional layered dies are spellbinders as well, but you will have to forgive me because I don't remember their names.  I actually created several cards with the lotus die as the main focal point, but this is the one that ended up as a Thank You card.  I also used a Spellbinders die to cut out the scallop circle that is an off center mat, as well as a EK Success punch to add another layer to the bottom of the card.  The paper is more from the DCVW Citrus stack and the stamp is from Stampin' Up.  I finished  the card off with a little bling in the middle of the lotus flower.  I have very pleased with how it turned out.



 The last card features one of my favorite new embellishments - rolled flowers. I learned how to make these from Capadia's blog.  For those of you who don't know who she is - Diana Capadia is an awesome blogger who features wonderful tutorials on all things Cricut and then some.  This technique is super easy and I really like the look of these flowers.  I will be making more of them in the future!  The heart stamp is another favorite of mine from Papertrey Ink, and the "Thanks" stamp is actually one I picked up at Michael's years ago.  I don't know who the designer is, but I am thankful that I had it.  Lol. 




I appreciate everyone's patience while I was away and as always, thanks for stopping by!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...