Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Gift Bag for a Girl that ROCKS!!

Over the next week or so I'm going to post some of my favorite projects from the last year.  I have only been heavily crafting since, oh, February or March of last year, but I have made a lot of stuff!  Bear with me if you've already seen these things before, I just want to have all of my star work located in a central location for everyone to see.


I created this gift bag for our now (former) Nanny.  She has worked with us for over five years now and about four months ago she found another full time job counseling at risk kids.  She is so perfect for this job - never have you met someone who is so patient, kind, and just willing to hear you out about anything.  I can't tell you how wonderful it has been to have had her in my life and in my boys' lives.  She started with us when my youngest (now 5 1/2) was just four months old.  She has taught me many things about raising children, life, and of all things - the Tudors!  Did I mention she's brilliant, graduated magna cum laude from a very prestigious university and she also holds several masters degrees?  


She has been, more times than I can count, the rock that I can and have depended on for anything and everything.  I cried sad tears when she told us she was leaving, but I am also very happy for her becaause she is now doing her life's work.  She was born to help others see their light.  My children love her and she loves them.  She has become a member of our family and I feel so very thankful for her everyday.   After this post I won't be referring to her as my Nanny any longer but simply my cool friend Shondra!


Here is the bag!










The bag can be found on the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.  I believe I cut it at 14" using my 12x24 mat.  I wish I could remember which cart I used for the roses (I think maybe Walk In Your Garden?). I apologize for not being able to recall - it's the old age!  I inked the roses with a watermark stamp and then embossed them with clear embossing powder.  I love, love, love, the way they turned out.  It's definitely a technique I will use in the future.  If you ever do this just remember that it often takes 2-3 applications to get it just right.


The "Dreams" sentiment is a Inkadinkadoo stamp and the "Many Many Thanks" is another stamp that I picked up at Michael's on sale.  They are both stamped on paper cut out with spellbinders dies.  I am totally in love with Spellbinders - that company can do no wrong! I also used Spellbinders for the cute little Amazon tag.


For those of you curious about what's in the bag - it's a Kindle.  Shondra is a big time bookworm (like myself before crafting took over) and we regularly trade books, titles, etc.  I have a Kindle as well and I'm hoping with the new lend feature that we will be able to actually lend each other books.


Thanks for looking!!  I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...