Friday, March 25, 2011

A Lava Lamp for Caroline

 My latest project is another lava lamp?!  Yes, the first one was so popular Brandy asked me to make one for her neighbor's upcoming Sweet Sixteen.  I started with a much bigger lamp.  This one is 16 3/4" high.  The other one I did topped out at 12".  


Caroline likes Hendrix, Dylan, and is also a ballerina so I wanted to incorporate those things to make it as personal a gift as possible.  I spent a good portion of the day on this one.  For some reason it was vexing me!  I did a lot of trial cuts and discarded quite a few ideas before I came up with something I hope she will like.  I decided to go with a Peace, Love, and Rock~N~Roll theme featuring pink as the main color (Caroline's favorite).  I included Dylan's Eye and Hendrix's famous signature, along with a lot of peace signs and rock n roll hearts.  I almost forgot the ballet slippers (oops - thanks to Brandy for reminding me) but I really like how I was able to weld them to her name so it turned out okay.  Overall, I am very pleased with the finished product.  

















Thanks for stopping by!








3 comments:

  1. What a awesome project! You did a great job on this ... it really takes me back a few years ... I guess it's true that everything comes back around again!!

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo that is so true! I loved Lava Lamps as a kid and I see them everywhere now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. I would have never thought to use a signature!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...