Sunday, June 12, 2011

BFF Family Scrapbook Page

My best friend Brandy has been not so subtly dropping hints that she wants me to scrapbook her twins first year for her.  Actually she's gone so far as to purchase a few items I might want to use in that endeavor.  I think it's hilarious.  I keep telling her that I barely have enough time to do what I want to do for my family, and besides, that's not how I scrapbook.  I am inspired by pictures.  I scrapbook the ones that I fall in love with.  So here is a compromise of sorts.  I took this picture of Brandy and her family at my son's birthday party last fall.  I love it.  So much that I made a frame for it for her and now, well, a scrapbook page.  It's going to stay in my album for a while though.  Lol.   





I cut the word "Family" from the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge at 2.75".  The swirl that is stitched on the page is from Paper Lace.  The paper is from two paper packs - the first is a speciality pack from me & my Big ideas.  The second pack is the Citronella pack from K & Company. 






The hearts were cut out using Spellbinders dies.  I used a white waffle paper, spritzed it with Stampin' Up Markers, looped pink and white twine across them, and topped them with flowers.  They are pop dotted on scallop heart mats that I also cut using my Grand Calibur machine.




The flourish is from the Cricut Heritage cartridge.  I cut it at 4" and pop dotted it onto its shadow mat.  All of the jeweled flowers you see are from a Recollections set I picked up at Michael's some time ago.  They also make some very nice flourishes. 




Thanks for stopping by!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great blog you have ! Love all your artwork, I'm your newest follower.... I don't wanna miss anything ! xoxo
    BTW: We are neighbors, I live in Cumming, Ga ;)
    Have a great Tuesday !
    ~Maria Elena~
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maria - thanks for stopping by! It's so nice to *meet* other local crafters. We may actually run into each other at some point in time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...