Thursday, June 9, 2011

For My Daddy

Now that my husband card is finished, I turned my attention to making sure I made something for my Daddy this year.  It's been years since I've actually sent cards regularly but I figure this new found hobby of mine has got to have some practical uses right?  




First I want to apologize for the pictures being so dark.  I don't normally photograph my projects in this room but I was in a hurry and a little guy needed my attention.  


I used the same paper pack for this card - BoBunny's Timepiece.  This card measures 5" x 7" and I stitched the mats on the front with black embroidery thread.  I cut out my sentiment "Happy Father's Day" using MTC and a TTF font called Adore.  It is cut at 2".  The leaves were cut from my new Spellbinders foliage die and I inked them while they were still in the die with Stampin' Up Wild Wasabi ink.  This is the first time I've used this die and I am really happy with the way it turned out.  You will see it again, and again, and again, just wait!  The flowers are all Prima flowers that I have been hoarding for quite some time. 






Inside, I added another Stampin' Up spinner stamp cut out using Spellbinders Lacey circles and its matted on a rectangle cut with Spellbinders large scallop squares that has been inked in Chocolate Chip.  Noticing a theme?  I spent the past two evenings organizing my Spellbinder dies so they are on my mind obviously.  Lol.  I hope my Daddy likes it.


Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...