Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Favorite Mirror

Hola!  I wanted to post another quick project that I completed this past winter.  Some of you know Kim Bright who is an Inkscape and Scal designer extraordinare.  For those of you who don't know Kim, she has a fabulous blog and store selling SVG files that she has made from Inkadinkado stamps.  I know you have all seen these stamps - they are everywhere, Michael's, Joann's, among others.  They have some fabulous images that are often very intricate in nature.  Well, Kim got the fantastic idea of converting them to SVGs so they could be cut out in vinyl and the copyright owner, EKSuccess, told her to go for it.  Not a bad business plan eh?  She has been selling them for quite some time now and they are fantastic!   Her blog is called Creative Bling and there is a store attached where you can pick up many of these fantastic files for next to nothing.  


One of the files I fell in love with this past winter is angel that I saw on a charger Kim posted on the SmartBuyGal forum.  You absolutely have to see it!  I was instantly smitten and thrilled when I was able to purchase the file a few weeks later.  I decided to etch it on a mirror that I had picked up at Hobby Lobby a few weeks prior.  Here it is!



I have to apologize about the quality of the pictures.  Mirrors are notoriously hard to photograph, and well, the laundry basket probably doesn't help!   I adore this mirror though and I have left it hanging year round.  Kim continues to add new items to her store so please take some time to check it out!


Thanks for stopping by!!

4 comments:

  1. I love the laundry baskets! I have posted many a picture that show a REALLY messy background. Speaking of messy, my house is a wreck! We are undertaking a redo. First off, ripping out all the tile. EGADS.
    I love that mirror!
    xoxo
    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute mirror, there is a award on my blog for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, Dayna, I was just flipping through blogs and found your post! Sorry I am so late in finding it, but wanted to tell you that you did an amazing Job on this! That mirror is absolutely beautiful! Better late than never to comment right? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...