Sunday, June 19, 2011

Christmas Note Pad Sets

Happy Monday!  Today I want to share with you another project that I completed last fall.  These are note pad sets that I first fell in love with at one of my Stampin' Up Demonstrator's stamping club meetings.  She always keeps a lot of items out on display and these note card sets were one of the items.  Figuring I could come up with it myself, I scoured the internet until I found a wonderful lady willing to share a tutorial with me.   Of course I can't find that tutorial now, which is annoying in case I want to make these again!  With that said, I'm sorry I am unable to credit the creator of the original file.  I think these have been floating around the Stampin' Up world for quite some time now though so if you're really interested in making one you should be able to track one down.  


Because I knew I wanted to make several, I decided that mass production was the way to go.  I created a Gypsy file that would make both the note cards holder and the paper inside.  I used Plantin Schoolbook for the rectangles. I also altered the design a bit so that each note pad holder and the paper inside is about an inch or so larger on each side.   









The ovals and circles were cut out using Spellbinders dies, and a lot of the paper came from a DCWV Winter stack.  The "Brrrr" and "Let It Snow" sentiments were cut from Winter Woodland.  The snowman is from Snow Friends.  Each of the pages in the pack is stamped with a Stampin' Up stamp.  I used several of the winter holiday themed sets to make this project, but I am sorry I don't remember the names!  I picked up the holiday themed pens from one of Michael's dollar bins (I think I actually have a few left) as I thought they were the perfect compliment for this set.  I also used gift bags from Michael's as well to complete the package.








Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...