Monday, June 20, 2011

Valentine Day Gifts

I seem to be on a Holiday theme don't I?  Why on Earth would I stop?  Next up are Valentine's Day treats that I designed for my sons' classmates in 2010.  The first set are pillow boxes that I found on the Easter 2010 cartridge.  Using my gypsy, I hid the bunny that was supposed to be the window by using the Hide Selected Contour feature and then I inserted what I thought were a bit more little boy and little girl themes - hearts and an angel with wings for girls, and stars for boys.   I can gender stereotype with the best of them eh?  I filled the pillow boxes with skittles and added a tag that was created for me by Regina at The Cutting Cafe.  I printed the tags on my computer and cut them out with you guessed it, Spellbinders cirlce dies.  Funny that I think about it because I so totally know hot to do that myself now, but at the time I was relying on a lot of others for their expertise.  I think these turned out great!



These are the Valentine Day cards I made for my older son.  His school had a strict "no candy" policy for Valentine's Day.  In many ways I see their point, but I do think that the holidays can be a fun time to get candy.  It's the fact that our kids get it too often that becomes the problem.  Anyway, I digress, I could go on and on about children's nutrition, and I don't want to bore you so instead I'll tell you a little bit more about this project.  I created these Valentine's using the Tags, Bags and Boxes cartridge.   Using my Gypsy, I selected a tag, changed it to the dimensions I wanted, and then also altered a gift card holder to fit the tag.   The tags are decorated with chipboard pieces from a K&Company Valentine set.  I let my son pick out the chipboard pieces and place them on each Valentine where he wanted it to go.  We then glued them in place, and he wrote out his classmates names on each and every one!.



Thanks for stopping by!!

7 comments:

  1. Wow ... what a great job ! good idea for Valentine !
    Have a great Tuesday ;)
    ~Maria Elena~
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these treats and tags are way too cute!! Love em!

    Anyways, I have a blog award for you on my page!

    http://www.paperandi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Stepphanie & lovemaypaper. I will by by to pick up my awards from both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- those are amazing!! Just perfect! I agree on the school candy policy. The public schools one county over from where we live take it to the extreme and pretty much suck the fun out of classroom parties for the kiddos there.

    Well, your projects are just too much fun and I am sure those valentines injected the fun right back in!

    Nadia (With Glittering Eyes blog)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...