Wednesday, January 2, 2013

One Fall Day

Today I want to introduce you to Ismail.  I met his mother some years ago on a parenting messageboard.  I think we had a buddy group for moms of kids with autism and that's where we first ran into each other on the world wide web.  She knows what my life is like as I do hers, in so many ways that you can never understand unless you lead this life.  We've kept in touch over the years and she posted this picture this past fall of her son. I remember coming back to it over and over again because it was so beautiful.   I am not often moved to do things like this, but this time, it almost felt like a compulsion. I had to do something with this picture.  And so I made this page for Ismail, and for his mother.  So that on the bad days, she can look up and remember the good days, and maybe the bad days won't be so bad.  Enough said, here is Shaz's beautiful son.








Paper:  DCWV Sweet Blossom Stack, Creamy Cardstock Stack, Brights Stack
Silhouette:  Title, and flowers
Brads:  Stampin' Up & my stash
Spellbinders:  Octagons

Thanks so much for stopping by today - Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. This brings tears to my eyes. What an absolutely gorgeous layout from your beautiful heart. This is stunning...I'm positive Shaz will treasure it :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super cute! This is such a great picture! Love the layout. It's amazing!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely layout, it really compliments the beautiful picture of Ismail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful L/O. That child's picture took my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG what a spirited kid! How very nice of you to make a LO for your friend to treasure! Gorgeous LO! I love the burlap and the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dayna, This is AMAZING and Wonderful and ..geez i dont have enough words. What a fantastic layout! Thank you for sharing with us.
    Amanda DCWV DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...