Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Project Life - The End of 2012

And it's a wrap!  Really, it is.  Okay, if I'm being completely honest there are like 2 or 3 journaling cards that need to be filled in (by my husband no less) but other than that it really is DONE.  I have to say that I am super proud of myself for starting this massive project and sticking with it.  There were definitely times I wanted to quit, but after watching my son pull these albums out day after day, week after week I realized how very important this is for our family.  

I finished the year with 3 albums!  Barely.  And wouldn't you know it, the BH Clementine albums I bought actually started falling apart. (insert gasp and then pissed off face here) I had one album that basically wouldn't close with the loops lining up so I ended up replacing all three.  Why?  Uniformity of course!  WRMK is my new found love and joy and I will use these for all of my PL albums from here on out.  Aqua is the word of the day, or should I say, the word of 2012.  Without any further adieu, here is the final week of 2012.


 



 

My Mother in law is a Christmas baby so she always gets her very own special birthday cake after Christmas dinner.  


Brandy and I look good in this photo.  I might have to scrap this one!






Thanks so much for stopping by today!

12 comments:

  1. What an awesome accomplishment! Wow! It will be so fun to look back over the years and your kids will really find it fascinating when they are older and go back and look at it. You did a fabulous job and sorry to hear that the album fell apart.t...that would make me crabby to :( Thanks for sharing this amazing project. Will there be another project life for 2013??

    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Christmas photos. (The tree shot is particularly cool!) You did a great job of capturing your family's experience. And the birthday cake pic, too--what a great choice to do it in black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hopping by my blog. I have to say I'm SOOO in love with that Dec 25 title card... could you share how you made it??
    Thanks!!
    Hugs!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I use digital scrapooking kits to make my title cards in PhotoShop Elements and then I save them as JPEGs and print them out on photo paper. There are elements from a few different kits on this page. The trees are from Lori Whitlock, as well as the Dec 25th. The others are from Sweet Shoppe Designs, sorry I can't remember which ones!

      Delete
  4. Such a cool idea to split the tree up like that! I am totally going to do that this Christmas :) Congrats on finishing 2012 - that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing 2012!! What an awesome accomplishment to be proud of!! And such great memories for the future!! You did a fabulous job with each month!! I love how you photographed the Christmas tree!! And I loved following along on your PL journey!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an accomplishment! Congrats. Lovely photos and wonderful layouts. I have struggled through three years of PL and have yet to complete a full year (though I'm happy with what I did complete). I hope this is my year to have three completed albums like you. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margie, Keep going, combine weeks, whatever it takes. It is really such a joy to have this finished. I know you can do it too!

      Delete
  7. Way to go! I'm still chugging along. Determined to finish 2012 before the end of this month!
    Love the gift tags! Such a sweet and beautiful idea.
    The picture of your Mother in Law and her cake is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pages! This makes me feel better about having 3 albums for 2012! I had one main album for each weekly spread, but then with all the extra pictures I took, I filled 2 additional albums!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pages! I will have 3 albums for 2012 too. I used Clementine kit, but put it all in AC albums. I also like WRMK albums! My PL Amber album from 2011 fell apart too. I wasn't happy either!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing the same story from a lot of people about the albums Kristi. Especially if they get any regular sort of use, and my boys pull them down 3-4 times a week minimum. I am glad you are having more success with the WRMK albums. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...