Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Project Life 2013 Begins!

This project was such a labor of love for me last year.  With the new year coming up, I knew I wanted to continue but I also know how much work went into those three jam packed albums, and I really wanted to figure out a way to scale it back some so I could get back a bit of my crafting time to well, craft other things. What I've decided to do is to do bi-weekly spreads.  Each 12 x 24 layout is going to cover two weeks instead of just one.  And so far, it's working.  I am still every bit of in love with Project Life as I was last year, only it doesn't feel all consuming any longer.    I really think this is going to work out well for us this year.


New monthly dividers!  I have too much fun making these to give them up!
 


Another thing I have started doing is using photo collages to get a bunch of pictures in one 6 x 4 space.  This normally would have been an insert of a beach trip we took at the beginning of the year, but I was able to cover it all in such a smaller space.  Underneath I've used a flip pocket to add a few more photos.  I heard about these little ingenious little things on the Two Peas board and quickly picked up some on Amazon.  They come in handy when you have just a few extra pictures you really want to use but don't want a full insert.



Lots of writing.  One of my goals for 2013 is to journal more and have my family journal more.  My mother in law did the journaling cards for the weekend the boys spent with her and their Auntie.  They took fabulous pictures too!



Go Falcons!  Okay, maybe next year.  They did win this game though!

 

Yes, I have quickly become a photo collage junky.  I'm trying to mix it up though.  You'll see color and black and white photos put together.  I've been playing a bit with different photoshop actions as well. 


And that's it.  The first four weeks of 2013 covered in four pages.  I LOVE it.  Totally caught up and not the least bit stressed about it.  I'm able to be a little more leisurely about taking pictures and putting it all together.  All in all I think 2013 is going to be a fabulous year!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a full year so far. Great idea to use other people's handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome LO - so glad your are still enjoying PL. I love seeing your pages, just call me nosy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 2013 is off to a fabulous start!! I love all the pictures!! The layout and designs are awesome!! Happy Wednesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing start! I love it! You did a great job on all your layouts ad it sounds like you have it all figured out! I love your monthly dividers and I think the photo collages are a GREAT idea! Love all the picture too...thanks for sharing! Fabulous beginning!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...